What is a Meal Plan?
A Meal Plan offers delicious meals, coffee, snacks, and more at our two all-you-care-to-eat dining halls, various retail locations, coffee shops and on-campus markets. Your Meal Plan includes Meal Swipes and Purple or Gold Bucks, conveniently loaded onto your Student 1 card. No need to carry additional cards or cash!
Meal Swipes provide access to our all-you-care-to-eat dining halls (Todd & West End). With a Purple Meal Plan, you can visit the dining halls as many times as you’d like all semester long. With a Gold Meal Plan, you can access the dining halls by using one of your Pirate Meal swipes or by using your Gold Bucks (with the Gold $450 Plan) to pay the discounted door price.
Purple and Gold Bucks
Bucks can be used at any ECU Dining location. Visit our locations page for location information, including dining hall menus and hours of operation.
Pirate Meals add variety to your Meal Plan by offering the ultimate convenience and value. They can be used for combo meal options at our food courts and retail locations or can be exchanged as a swipe into our dining halls without having to dip into your Purple or Gold Bucks.
Purple Plans include 5 guest meals that can be used at either Todd or West End Dining Hall each semester.
Meal Plan Benefits
With your Meal Plan, you receive many benefits and perks, including:
- Quality food made fresh by our culinary team, with a variety of menu options personalized the way you like
- Healthy choices available all across campus
- Special events with themed meals
- Casual atmosphere with Wi-Fi, TVs, music and lounge-style seating—perfect for studying or hanging out with friends
- Dedicated Allergen Friendly station at Todd Dining Hall called True Balance, and at West End Dining Hall called Simple Selections
- Access to our Registered Dietitian
Managing Your Plan